INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN SRI LANKA: MARKET OVERVIEW AND PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECTS
FEBRUARY 2, 2015, RUSSIA, MOSCOW DIGITAL OCTOBER GROUNDS
The forum was organized by InvestLanka together with the D.L. & F. De Saram attorneys-at-law, Nation Lanka Equities stockbroker and with the support of the Sri Lankan Embassy in the Russian Federation.
Adopted concept of five hubs was debated during the plenary session:
- Marine hub. Concept of 3 ports — west, east, south. Currently, construction of interconnecting infrastructure is under way with the support of investors from China.
- Aviation hub. Beside two major airports, there is a number of smaller air stips around the island.
- Educational hub. Sri Lanka — a country with a very high level of education.
- Energy Hub. The country is actively developing "green" energy technologies.
- Commercial & shopping hub. Trade is rapidly expanding, new shopping centers are being build and major trading companies are opening their offices. At the same time, a large number of goods of world known brands are being produced in Sri Lanka.
In addition, fiscal realities of the country, tax holiday options and duty free zones with India and China were discussed. Number of ready-to-go business projects in six different economy sectors were presented as well.
A separate topic of the conference was dedicated to the property segment. Registration of the property to a foreigner is almost impossible In Sri Lanka, but authorities allow a 99 years lease option. However, there is a trust scheme, allowing possession of the land in a partnership with a resident of the Sri Lanka.
FIFTH PETERSBURG INTERNATIONAL LEGAL FORUM
FEBRUARY 27—30,2015, RUSSIA, Saint-Petersburg
InvestLanka company took part in the Fifth St. Petersburg International Legal Forum held on 27-30 May 2015.
As a forum speakers were:
- Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev, Russian Prime Minister.
- Wolfgang Brandstetter, the Federal Minister of Justice of the Republic of Austria.
- Alberto Mazzoni, President of UNIDROIT.
- Andrea Orlando, Minister of Justice of the Italian Republic.
- De Serpa Soares Miguel, United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs.
The forum included discussion sessions, which took place in the following thematic tracks: «International law / Supremacy of the statute law», «Private Law», «Corporate trade / International trade / Competition protection», «Litigation and Arbitration Practice», «Smart-society», «Cultural heritage / Public interest / Ecology», «Investments / Finance». The forum also hosted several international conferences.
TOWARDS EXPORTS OF USD 50 BILLION: SRI LANKA ECONOMIC SUMMIT 2015
AUGUST 04—05, 2015, SRI LANKA, COLOMBO
InvestLanka company took part in the economic summit, organized with the assistance of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce held on August 04-05, 2015
As a forum speakers were:
- Hon Ranil Wickremasinghe, the Prime Minister of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
- Hon Ravi Karunanayake, the Minister of Finance.
- Hon Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Hon Dr Harsha de Silva, Deputy Minister for Political and Economic Planning.
- Mr Samantha Ranatunga, Chairman of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce.
During the 2-day forum 8 sessions were held mainly focused on areas such as the «National strategy: policies and prospects», «New global economic Sri Lanka policy», «Challenges and the financial possibilities of export», «Sustainable growth export».
The forum was attended by over 450 people.
Session of the Foreign Trade Chamber of Ceylon